Friday, September 19, 2008

Countdown

Time flies.

I can’t believe it’s Friday tomorrow. (I’ve been saying that every Thursday for the last three weeks.)

When I had lunch today, I saw a sign board that says, “98 days before Christmas”. And I thought, “Wow, really?”

September is almost over. The only thing I do not look forward to is that bills will be coming in again.

October is just around the corner. Well, too bad our October plans have been postponed. I’m all right. This has been my greatest test in patience and perseverance so far. I think I’m doing OK most of the time.

Sometimes I ask my friends if it’s possible for me to just go to sleep and just wake up in December.(I bet I’m starting to become a big pain. I’m counting on the fact that they love me too much to actually start scolding me on this.)
I figured there are only two scenarios:
1) I’d be in a coma, which I do not really want; and
2) I’d be Sleeping Beauty…but then again Prince Charming had to work his way through the rose briars and thorns, and that’s not a very promising thought. Besides, I don’t need a hundred years. I just need about three months.

I’ll be home exactly a week from now. Vacation always flies fast.

Time flies.

Lines from Jim Croce’s song, Time In A Bottle, that are reverberating in my head and pounding in my heart right now:

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that Id like to do
Is to save every day
Till eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
Id save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you…
I’ve looked around enough to know
That you’re the one I want to go
Through time with

Time flies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home