Friday, April 07, 2006

8-16

Song I wrote for my guy best friend BJ.
Cheers to the constancy of change. And may I be the friend I should be.


8-16

When I'm with you
Sadness just seems to go away
Wish I could do the same
Unceasing laughter takes away our pain.

When I'm with you,
I find someone who really understands
Someone to hold my hand
I realize I've got more than I need.

And we know it's a lie that we've got no one
'Cause though our world's upside down, we're always just around
You're here beside me, and I'm right beside you
And life doesn't seem so bad at all.

Though gray clouds cover our lovely sky
Though they shroud over such a beautiful night
We know we're OK,
'cause when they finally clear away
We are closer than we ever used to be.

We watch the stars shine brighter
And you put your head on my shoulder
We have all the comfort that we need
You take me home as it rains.

Now I have to say goodbye
I'm running to my door with a smile
As I watch you drive away
'Cause I know you'll always be here to stay.

You were there beside me
And I was right beside you
You are one of the best I've got
You're the friend I know I'll always have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home