Thursday, December 18, 2008

Narcissism and other things run in the blood

An interesting read. The author is my brother. He is talking about himself, obviously. :0)

AN INTERVIEW WITH TOMMY
ACT 1, SCENE 1 ENTER QUESTION-GUY AND TOMAS

Q: Hi. What’s your name?

TOMAS: Call me Thomas. Tom for short. Tomas if we’re friends. Tommy if you just feel like it.

Q: Are you by chance related to Thomas the Doubtful in the Bible?

TOMAS: I doubt it.

Q: Um, you said in your blog that you came from Dueñas. Do aswangs really live in your town?

TOMAS: Not true. There are no aswangs in Dueñas. No, nada, nil, null. All aswangs make a living in the city, especially in government offices.

Q: Oh... Um, what are your hobbies?TOMAS: What are hobbies?Q: Hobbies are the things you like to do.

TOMAS: Well, I like doing nothing, so I guess that’s my hobby.

Q: What is your motto in life?

A: My motto is, A person’s worth cannot be measured by his or her peso value. There is no accounting for a human being.

Q: Can you explain your motto?

TOMAS: Yes I can.

Q: Good… Um, what do you think is the purpose of every living person in the world?

TOMAS: I think that the purpose of every person in this world is to find a purpose. To create order out of randomness. Without it, we would be going nowhere.

Q: Oh. (cough). Anyway, you hate smoking and drinking, right?

TOMAS: True enough. You seem to know more about me than I do.

Q: Why do you want people to stop smoking and drinking?

TOMAS: Why not?

Q: I mean… For example, why do you want your friends to stop drinking and smoking permanently?

TOMAS: I have personal reasons. That means you’re getting personal.

Q: …?

TOMAS: Just kidding: I don’t drink because first, I have history of liver disease. Second, I just don’t want to consume “sin” products. Third, I abhor the smell of alcohol and cigarette smoke. I get physically and psychologically irritated by just the smell. Fourth,…

Q: Okay, that would be enough. So if I tell you I’m a chain smoker and a heavy drinker, what would you do?

TOMAS: Nothing. Go ahead and die.

Q: Urgh. Um, if there is one word that would best describe you, what is it?

TOMAS: Can you rephrase the question?

Q: Describe yourself in one word.

TOMAS: Water.

Q: Water?

TOMAS: I have no permanent shape, and I can harden like ice or evaporate like steam. Literally and figuratively.

Q: If I were in your shoes, what would I be like?

TOMAS: You would look the same, except that you’re wearing my shoes. I’d then probably ask you to give them back.

Q: (Cough) Anyway, what would you like to say to the people who want to know you?

TOMAS: To understand others, one must understand oneself…(EXIT)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home